President: Kathleen Rathbun
Archives: Contact Branch
Awards: 21st Century Recognition Gold Award for 2006, 2007
- AAUW High School Scholar Spring Recognition Program
- Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) at Highline Community College
- Branch Delegation to “Lobby Day” in Olympia
- Donation to Tech Trek Scholarship for Junior High Girl
- Monthly Book Review, 4th Wednesday of each month, 1:00 p.m.
- Quarterly Branch Meetings with program/speaker
- Monthly Dine Out at local restaurants
- Movie Tuesdays at AMC Kent Station. An email invitation is sent to members when a good film is playing.
- NW Explorers (day trips to cultural events, gardens, lunches, bazaars)
- Winter Holiday Dinner at Meridian Valley Country Club
- Winter Holiday luncheon with Victorian Carolers at Fairwood Country Club
- Winter Holiday Potluck
- Summer Party
- Renton Civic Theatre Play Fundraiser
- June Luncheon and Installation of Officers
- AAUW Educational Foundation
- AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund
- Tech Trek—Washington State
SE King County Branch was established in May of 2001 with the merger of the Renton and Auburn- Kent Branches. Many of the Activities were established when the member’s children were still in school and now those children are professionals with sons and daughters of their own.
Meeting Programs have included Planning for Retirement, sharing of Hobbies and Special Interests, Local Authors, Leaders in our Communities. Member’s backgrounds have included teachers, librarians, attorneys, sales people, city council members and government employees.